Defense contracts often involve laws and regulations which are different from and in addition to those applicable to non-defense contracts. Even experienced government contracts attorneys often do not have sufficient experience with the nuances of defense contracts to adequately advise clients. FH+H attorneys have extensive defense and national security backgrounds which give the ability to represent defense contractors in all aspects of government contracts.
Services + Solutions
Our defense contracting team can help clients:
- Comply with both the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), as well as applicable agency supplements
- Advise on security, monitoring, and reporting obligations
- Avoid or resolve disputes with Joint Contracting Command Iraq/Afghanistan and other defense contracting agencies
- Counsel on contractual and risk issues arising during performance in overseas and warzone settings
- Advise on contracts that are considered vital to national security or have classified components
- Negotiate, form, and review subcontracts and teaming agreements
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H has unique experience in the defense contracting world, and offers exceptional skills to guide you through the maze of applicable rules and regulations to ensure corporate success.
- FH+H has significant experience in the defense, intelligence, and homeland security sectors.
- FH+H has a SCIF capable of storing classified documents and handling classified communications
- FH+H has six attorneys that hold TS-SCI clearances, and three combat veterans who previously served in Iraq and Afghanistan
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Represented a contractor providing security services in Afghanistan in dispute over a purchase contract
- Traveled to the South Sudan to assist in contract negotiation in the field
- Assisted an international joint venture in complying with Defense Logistics Agency requirements in anticipation of providing support services in Afghanistan
- This firm’s expertise in the government space, coupled with the ability to deliver top-shelf legal expertise with speed and continuity, is the reason I routinely include FH&H in our strategic business decisions. – Steve Lahr, Silverback7
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your defense contracting issue, please contact one of our professionals.