FH+H attorneys perform comprehensive due diligence efforts on behalf of individuals and organizations operating abroad and help ensure that they have a full and complete understanding of their clients, investors, partners, and consultants before they expand their brand overseas.
Services + Solutions
Our International Trade and Transactions team can help clients:
- Perform timely, and comprehensive due diligence on foreign companies, organizations, governments, individuals and business partners to identifyunlawful business practices, corrupt payment schemes, improper accounting procedures, and violations of the laws, rules and regulations of the United States and other foreign jurisdictions
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with global trade and international transactions, and comply with federal regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC) Regulations, and federal laws such as the Arms Export Control Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and the Trading with the Enemy Act
- Identify and assess risk associated with Specially-Designated Nationals, Blocked Entities List, or other prohibitory laws and regulations
- Perform a thorough and exacting review of the commodities, goods, information and/or services to be delivered in a particular international transaction and determine whether such goods and services are controlled by, or subject to, the ITAR, EAR, OFAC Regulations, or any other law, rule or regulation of the United States or other relevant foreign jurisdictions
- Understand the distribution chains of the commodities, goods, information or services being delivered in a particular international transaction and mitigate the associated legal and regulatory risks
- Draft international party questionnaires for customers, partners, consultants, vendors, subcontractors, and local representatives
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H lawyers have extensive experience providing competent and expert due diligence with respect to complex international transactions. Regardless of the operating environment or industry sector, FH+H’s lawyers help their clients develop a full picture of the parties with which they are contracting and the goods and/or services they are selling/purchasing.
- FH+H lawyers bring their corporate, financial, and accounting backgrounds to bear on all due diligence efforts, thus ensuring that their clients receive a sophisticated and multi-faceted analysis.
- FH+H lawyers provide due diligence services in the domestic and international aerospace, defense, information technology, intelligence and homeland security industries.
- FH+H lawyers leverage their extensive litigation experience in jurisdictions worldwide, to identify transactional risks while they can still be avoided or mitigated.
- FH+H lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the laws and regulations that are implicated in international transactions, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, the Export Administration Regulations, the Office of Foreign Asset Control Regulations, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- FH+H lawyers have extensive experience drafting and negotiating international deal documents that successfully manage the risks of conducting business abroad.
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- FH+H attorneys provided significant international due diligence support to a U.S. defense contractor and subcontractor, in connection with a multi-million dollar merger and acquisition effort.
- FH+H attorneys represented a U.S. aerospace company in a complex, multi-million dollar international transaction, which involved performing significant due diligence on foreign partners and customers.
- FH+H attorneys provided extensive international due diligence assistance to a foreign company in connection with a complex, multi-million dollar corporate transaction directly to a foreign government.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your international due diligence effort, please contact one of our professionals.