In today’s global economy, government policies can determine business success or failure. FH+H attorneys represent businesses and industry coalitions to protect their interests in international trade negotiations, congressional consideration of international trade-related legislation, and efforts to address foreign market barriers. FH+H also assists companies in complying with foreign regulatory requirements.
Services + Solutions
Our international trade policy team can help clients:
- Pursue trade-related legislative objectives by developing arguments and materials, formulating strategy, drafting legislation, and designing plans of engagement.
- Protect their interests in international trade negotiations such as the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
- Challenge restrictive government policies and barriers to trade in foreign markets to enable or improve market access and business opportunities.
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H lawyers have the governmental and private sector experience to represent clients before government agencies and senior officials in Washington, Brussels, and other world capitals.
- FH+H attorneys have served in sensitive government positions in the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the U.S. Mission to the WTO, the U.S. Senate, and the Office of White House Counsel.
- FH+H attorneys have managed regulatory compliance projects in over twenty countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
- FH+H attorneys have experience representing companies, trade associations, governments, and issue coalitions in pursuing trade policy objectives.
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Assisted a coalition of U.S. steel-using manufacturing companies that successfully lobbied Administration officials to end limits on steel imports.
- For a major U.S. footwear retailer, protected company from imposition of U.S. restrictions on imports from Asia.
- Successfully petitioned to remove important computer components from a Section 301 retaliation action for a major U.S. computer manufacturer.
- Reduced impact of U.S. import restrictions on New Zealand lamb in Section 201 investigation for a New Zealand trade association.
- Assisted a major Japanese auto manufacturer in developing its corporate presence in the U.S.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your international transactions issue, please contact one of our professionals.