Because the nuclear industry is so heavily regulated, it takes an extraordinary amount of technical knowledge and legal experience to provide effective representation. Clients benefit from FH+H’s Nuclear Law, Nuclear Indemnity and Liability Matters experience. FH+H attorneys assist, counsel, and represent clients in all aspects of Nuclear Law.
Services + Solutions
Our Nuclear Law attorneys can help clients:
- Assist with nuclear export controlled items under 10 CFR 810.
- Help with administrative or regulatory matters affecting nuclear facilities.
- Represent companies in state, federal, and international litigation involving nuclear matters or nuclear facilities.
- Assist with nuclear matters under the cognizance of the Department of Energy and/or National Nuclear Security Administration.
- Advise on matters under the purview of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Advise on hearings held by the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board.
- Advise and assist on Nuclear Indemnity and Liability Matters.
Technical Knowledge +Experience
- Extensive experience as the General Counsel of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) in the approval process of nuclear exports.
- Over 30 visits to the International Atomic Energy Agency, dealing with officials at all levels, including the Director General, Legal Advisor, and procurement officials.
- Negotiated dozens of nuclear agreements with foreign states.
- Maintain extensive contacts at all NNSA sites and at headquarters.
- Institutional and first-hand operational knowledge of nuclear facilities.
- Veteran of Navy Nuclear Power Program.
Successes + Capabilities
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Practice Group includes General Counsel of both the National Nuclear Security Administration and the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board.
- Practice Group teaches Nuclear Nonproliferation Law and Policy at Georgetown University Law Center and George Washington University Law School since 2005.
- Practice Group taught and lectured in Nuclear Nonproliferation Law and Policy at the U.S. Naval War College.
- Practice Group members includes one of roughly five internationally recognized experts in nuclear nonproliferation law.
- Served as a principal legal negotiator for the US – India Civil Nuclear Agreement.
- Published multiple law reviews and other articles on nuclear matters.
- Assisting a major contractor with a proposal for the Sandia contract.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your alternative dispute resolution, please contact one of our professionals.