FH+H recruits a group of the brightest law students to participate in our firm’s Summer Associate Program. Our Summer Associates are valued and respected members of the FH+H team.
FH+H is a diverse, entrepreneurial law firm in the DC metro area that provides robust legal services to individuals and companies, particularly those in international business, defense, and national security. Our firm has served 1,000+ clients in countries spanning 5 continents, including the Middle East.
We offer a full range of services in five practice areas:
- Corporate + Business Transactions
- Litigation + Investigations
- International Trade + Transactions
- Government Contracts
- Employment Law
Many of our lawyers previously worked at prestigious, top-tier DC firms, and several of our lawyers have served or have been asked to serve at the highest levels of our government.
FH+H prides itself on providing a proven platform for entrepreneurial lawyers to grow their practice in a flexible work environment. We provide a collegial working environment and welcome attorneys who share our firm values: serve, advocate, champion.
Most law students recruited for the Summer Associate Program have completed their second year of law school and have expressed an interest not only in FH+H’s varied practices, but also in our firm’s values and our focus on service to others.
Summer Associates will:
- Work on projects for clients alongside our Associates and Partners, which provides a realistic view of work in a law firm
- Meet with clients and attend strategy meetings
- Conduct complex research, draft documents, write briefs, and help prepare for trials
- Attend court appearances and depositions
- Be mentored and receive feedback from Associates and Partners on a regular basis
- Receive assignments from all practice areas, including pro bono work
FH+H looks for 3 qualities in Summer Associates. You should:
- Share the firm’s values, particularly our passion for service to our clients, community, and country
- Be a “Swiss Army knife”, meaning you bring the right professional tools to solve a wide variety of problems
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and welcome the risk and rewards involved in building a non-traditional law firm
Each year we devote considerable effort to recruiting Summer Associates who we believe will be strong additions to the firm after graduation. Our Summer Associate recruiting occurs on a rolling basis throughout the year.
The position works at our firm’s headquarters, located in a spacious office in Tysons, VA, within walking distance of two metro stops.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our firm’s success. As a rapidly growing law firm with a global practice, we find strength in our individual differences.
At FH+H, we understand inclusion and opportunity go hand-in-hand. We strive to build a positive and supportive work environment that provides our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff with the resources and atmosphere necessary to realize their capabilities and growth potentials.
Recruiting and retaining attorneys who share our commitment to embracing diversity, celebrating our differences, and giving back to the community is vital in keeping our company culture strong.
If interested, email Managing Partner Tom Craig at tcraig [at] fhhfirm.com, or download our recruiting brochure for more information.