FH+H is a recognized leader in negotiated business transactions, particularly M&A deal-making. Our unique combination of resources, fee structure, practical approach and experience allows us to deliver cost-effective, focused legal solutions tailored to private negotiated transactions. Our clients include domestic and foreign public and private companies of all sizes, from family-owned businesses to mid-size government contracting firms at all stages in the business growth cycle.
From advising Fortune 500 companies in implementing strategic growth initiatives through M&A to counseling family-owned businesses in executing exit strategies, we are committed to providing the same superior service, value and innovation that has made FH+H the law firm of choice for negotiated business transactions.
Services + Solutions
We are engaged in the full range of counseling buy-side and sell-side clients in public and private M&A transactions, including:
- Asset acquisitions and divestitures
- Mergers and consolidations
- Tender offers
- Leveraged and management buyouts
- Acquisition financings
- Equity purchases and sales
- Recapitalizations and reorganizations
- Cross-border transactions
- Going private transactions
- Joint Ventures
- Distressed transactions
Experience + Capabilities
We have substantial experience in virtually every major industry, including government consulting, technology, aircraft leasing, retail, financial services, software, agriculture, energy, healthcare and life sciences sectors. We also have a highly respected cross-border M&A practice. Because of our specialized backgrounds and high level security clearances, FH+H professionals are ideally suited to assist clients with transactions involving defense, intelligence, and homeland security-related efforts, government contracts, and/or classified programs.
With an increasingly global economy, M&A deal making frequently involves managing transactions across geographies. FH+H maintains a global reach through a platform of affiliated local firms throughout the world, which themselves are established leaders in their markets.
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Lead the acquisition of over 100 companies (ranging from $1 million to $75 million) on behalf of a leading distributor of financial services as part of business growth strategy, including structuring, negotiating and documenting all aspects of transaction.
- Routinely conduct comprehensive pre-acquisition strategic assessment to ensure optimal positioning for a transaction; coordinate, facilitate and assimilate operational and financial evaluations
- Served as in-house attorney leading IPO that raised $250 million in equity capital, followed by four separate secondary public offerings, the last of which was concurrent with the private placement of convertible senior notes.
- Negotiated, and subsequently administered, $500 million revolving line of credit; renegotiated terms in subsequent years based on firm performance, lender leverage and general economic conditions, leveraging intricate knowledge of terms and internal operations to achieve favorable terms, even in trying economic times.
- Developed corporate communications policies for various constituents, including investors, clients and business partners, and review press releases and investor and customer presentations.
- Planned and directed multi-state reductions-in-force, including working with HR in headcount planning, designing severance arrangements, handling inquiries and assuring compliance with all relevant legal requirements (e.g., Warn Act, anti-discrimination, releases, etc.).
- Negotiate and prepare multiple licensing arrangements critical to business success and manage intellectual property issues.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your business transactions issue, please contact one of our professionals.