FH+H attorneys represent employers in all aspects of employment related matters, including counseling clients about employment law, representing clients during employment litigation, and advising clients about employee hiring and termination procedures. The employment practice is committed to offering ongoing guidance and advice that consistently emphasizes risk management prevention.
Additionally, FH+H attorneys are acutely aware of employment issues unique to Government Contractors. Our comprehensive approach to the employment relationship enables us to serve more effectively and to anticipate the practical needs of our clients, which include business entities of all sizes and numerous government contractors.
Our employment team can help clients:
- Draft and review offer letters, employment agreements and severance agreements
- Draft, review, and advise clients on implementation of covenants not to compete, non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), confidentiality agreements, and other restraints on trade
- Develop, draft and review non-solicitation / non-circumvention agreements and related policies
- Counsel clients in matters involving affirmative action and effective corporate diversity programs including OFCCP Compliance
- Counsel clients and ensure legal compliance with:
- Affordable Care Act (ACA /“Obamacare”)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Title VII
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
We work with clients’ legal and human resources departments to develop a measured and business-focused approach.
- FH+H has worked with large and small businesses to address matters from employee complaints to advising regarding hiring, disciplinary actions, or termination of employment
- FH+H has represented employees in wrongful termination matters and reviewed executive compensation agreements. With experience on both sides of the employment relationship, FH+H’s team provides unique insight to a range of employment issues and stands ready to provide you with experienced, professional advice and guidance in your employment related matter
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Represented several small- to medium-sized employers facing charges of discrimination filed with the EEOC
- Helped a medium-sized company to develop and execute a practical and compassionate reduction-in-force of a significant number of its personnel
- Helped a medium-sized defense contractor to develop and execute a full-scale overhaul of its human resources system, transitioning from the legacy systems used when the company was a family business, to a robust, modern system, based on HR best-practices and fully compliant with state and federal labor and employment law
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your employment issue, please contact one of our professionals.