FH+H attorneys represent clients in prosecuting, litigating, and monetizing their intellectual property and developing and licensing technology.
Our team also helps individuals and businesses of all sizes and in all industries maximize their brand value while conducting business seamlessly in the global marketplace.
Services + Solutions
Our Intellectual Property + Technology team can help clients:
- Identify and classify intellectual property and determine appropriate protection strategies.
- Conduct clearance searches and prosecute trademark, copyright, and patent registrations both domestically and internationally.
- Litigation and administrative proceedings, including Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Protect trademarks in dilution or infringement actions and in cases of unfair competition, false advertisement, and rights of publicity.
- Handle copyright disputes, including cease and desist letters, Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) filings, and issues related to infringement within domain name disputes, e-commerce, and social media.
- Protect intellectual property as to claims asserted by employees, contractors, licensees, and other third parties, including non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), works made for hire, assignment of rights, and intellectual property usage guidelines.
- Monetize intellectual property through product distribution, promotional partnerships, co-branding, licensing agreements, and e-commerce activities.
- Identify trade secrets, determine appropriate protection strategies, and protect trade secrets in litigation.
- License and develop technology, including software development, licensing, subscription, and software as a service (SaaS).
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H attorneys have decades of collective experience in all aspects of intellectual property and technology law. Specifically, FH+H lawyers:
- Have extensive experience with trademark, copyright, and patent clearance and prosecution, including opinion letters and federal filings with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, U.S. Copyright Office, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Prosecute and defend against claims of trademark, copyright, and patent infringement, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, and domain name disputes.
- Maintain intellectual property portfolios for numerous clients, including clients with multiple international trademark and patent registrations.
- Have provided intellectual property due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions for both buying and selling companies.
- Have a specialized capability to protect clients’ intellectual properties in secured environments. Six FH+H attorneys hold active security clearances.
- Have represented clients in trade secret litigation in courts and arbitrations throughout the country.
- Have negotiated and drafted complex domestic and international product distribution agreements, as well as high-profile co-branding and promotional partnerships.
Success + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of factors and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Represented a major Internet service provider in actions involving the application of the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, resulting in landmark case law.
- Defended an individual who shares his name with a large clothing manufacturer in a major domain name dispute.
- Assisted a global goods manufacturer in obtaining international trademark protection in dozens of countries.
- Defended a large online advertising company against a coalition of major news websites in an action involving copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, and unfair competition.
- Negotiated and drafted a complex, co-branded product development and distribution agreement between a high-profile international accessory design company and a global multi-media company.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your intellectual property and Internet technology needs, contact one of our professionals.