FH+H attorneys have the experience and capabilities to counsel and represent clients operating in any industry on all areas of trademark law and branding.
Services + Solutions
Our Trademark team can help clients:
- Identify and classify trademarks and determine appropriate protection strategies.
- File and prosecute domestic and international trademark applications and maintain registrations.
- Litigation and administrative proceedings, including Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Protect trademarks in dilution or infringement actions and in cases of unfair competition, false advertisement, and rights of publicity.
- Defend and protect Internet domain names, enforce rights against cybersquatters, and litigate ICANN UDRP claims.
- Develop IP usage guidelines for company trademarks and general IP use related to employees, contractors, licensees, and other third parties.
- Monetize trademarks through product distribution, promotional sponsorships, co-branding, licensing agreements, and e-commerce activities.
Experience + Capabilities
- Have experience with trademark clearance and prosecution, including opinion letters and federal filings with the US Patent and Trademark Office and US Customs and Border Protection.
- Prosecute and defend against claims of trademark infringement and unfair competition.
- Maintain trademark portfolios for numerous clients, including clients with multiple international registrations.
- Have negotiated and drafted complex domestic and international product distribution agreements, as well as high-profile co-branding and promotional partnerships.
- Are members of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
Success + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Represented a global goods manufacturer in obtaining international trademark protection in dozens of countries.
- Defended a large online advertising company against a coalition of major news websites in an action involving trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, and unfair competition.
- Provided counseling enforcement, and defense regarding trademark and copyright matters, including monitoring, cease and desist letters, UDRP filings for domain name disputes, and various online "take down" measures available in e-commerce sites and social media for numerous high-profile clients.
- Negotiated high-profile promotional partnerships, including a co-branded product distribution agreement between a well-known jewelry company and a famous multinational media company, as well as negotiated affiliate partnerships and corporate sponsorships between Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations.
- Developed branding strategies for clients focused on product development and distribution, including jewelry and clothing designers, sports organizations, and food and beverage companies.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your trademark needs, please contact one of our professionals.