FH+H attorneys represent and assist foreign and domestic clients in environments where other law firms cannot or will not operate. For clients with out-of-the-ordinary legal needs, FH+H can deploy a select team of attorneys and support personnel to virtually anywhere in the world on short notice.
Services + Solutions
Our international trade and transactions team can help clients:
- Negotiate complex international business transactions in non-permissive environments such as Libya, Yemen, South Sudan, East and West Africa, South America and Afghanistan
- Conduct thorough due diligence in countries in a state of civil unrest, where the potential for physical threat, theft, corruption, fraud and misrepresentation might be particularly high
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the risks involved in establishing a footprint in non-permissive legal environment and implement mechanisms to mitigate such risks
- Resolve legal disputes in countries where a U.S. presence is minimal or non-existent
- Negotiate consulting and services agreements with security and logistics providers
- Secure the requisite U.S. regulatory approvals to operate in austere environments
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H lawyers have the operational experience, situational awareness, and cultural sensitivity to translate the top-notch legal services they provide domestically into sustainable legal solutions in some of the world’s most dangerous territories. Leveraging their combat experience and the contacts and skills they have developed over the years, FH+H lawyers provide an alternative to domestic counsel who have rarely if ever left the safety and security of the United States and struggle to understand the challenges and realities of operating abroad.
- FH+H has six attorneys that hold clearances, and three combat veterans who previously served in various overseas locations.
- FH+H has a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) capable of storing classified documents and handling classified communications.
- FH+H lawyers have deployed to multiple non-permissive environments including Libya, Yemen, South Sudan, South America, East and West Africa, and Afghanistan on multiple occasions to work side-by-side with clients as they negotiate with various government and private entities.
- FH+H lawyers have liaised in non-permissive legal environments with foreign governments and their representatives to obtain the requisite permits and licenses for their clients’ local business operations.
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Operated in almost every country in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region) to assist establish a U.S.-based corporate operations.
- Deployed lawyers to Libya alongside corporate officers to assist in corporate negotiations.
- Deployed lawyers to South Sudan to assist with contract negotiations for a products deal.
- Provide on-the-ground support to a client in Afghanistan to assist in resolving a dispute with the Government of Afghanistan.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help you navigate non-permissive legal landscapes, please contact one of our professionals.